When opening up Roon I must log into Tidal each time

Since the last update, I have noticed I must log into Tidal each time I open up Roon. I did not have this problem before. Once I put it into the services area, it would stay locked in each time I open Roon, but it does not do that now. I am forced to go on the internet and log into Tidal, then it will work in Roon. What happen?

2 Likes

Hi Fred,

I’ve shifted your post into Support as you should not have to login to Tidal all the time. Something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

What happened here is that Tidal changed their login format to a browser based system and Roon has had to adapt. It might also help if you could tell Support which OS your Core is running under and what browser is asking for the login details.

@support, same behaviour here I guess. Latest version of roon on Windows 10 PC.

When restarting the core there is a pink rectangle that allows me to ‘Retry’ connecting to Tidal.
Once ‘Retry’ is clicked a new tab opens in my default web browser, showing my registered Tidal email address, asking for confirmation whether to proceed.

After confirming that I wish to proceed in the web browser a pop-up appears asking if I wish to open roon.

At this point the roon core is connected to Tidal as per usual.

I restarted the core this morning at 11:51 - 11:52 CET, if you wish to check logs.

I hadn’t intended to report this error but it’s getting a bit annoying. It’s especially annoying when I open roon on an iPhone/iPad remote after restarting the core. The same pink rectangle shows but clicking ‘Retry’ doesn’t open the web browser window that allows me to log in to Tidal. For this to work it seems I need to use the browser on the Windows 10 core machine, which is in another part of the house…

Hi @Fred_Marvin & @Yowza,

Our team is currently investigating an issue that affects some Roon users that can result in being logged out of TIDAL when Roon is launched. We have a ticket open with our development team and we hope to have an improvement available soon. We’ll be sure to keep you updated.

I’m having the same issue as well.

Hello,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

The latest update seems to solve the Tidal auto connect issue with Windows 10 although the pink warning rectangle is still popping up for about 10 seconds and then Tidal is connected automatically to Roon, no need to re-authorize with Tidal.

I’m having the same problem, logging into Tidal is required, it’s not automatically doing it at startup.

Dane

They are still working on it, but when you click on the pink information it will go away by itself.

I still have to click the pink warning for it to connect to Tidal. The Tidal files in playlists show unavailable until I do. However, once the pink retry is clicked it works immediately and no longer takes you to a Tidal login screen.

Still, looking forward to it being really fixed rather than bandaged.

1 Like

Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

Hi everyone,

You can see our latest update on this here:

Keep hoping this will eventually be fixed. Still have to click the pink nag warning to clear it.

Hello @David_White,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 610, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

Yes, it has fully resolved the Tidal issue. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.