Whether it was a bug or not, I spent money and time trying to figure it out

Is this a bug or not? I invested money and time to find the problem, but today I found the real problem. What happened was that my roon was loaded on QNAP 873A NAS but for some reason I kept buffering when I switched to the next song and it took a long time for it to play properly. Therefore, I thought it was caused by insufficient NAS performance. For this reason, I loaded the roon core on Lenovo i9 notebook, but the problem was still not solved. For this reason, I bought a special roon core computer with i7cpu 32gb memory, but the problem still existed. (During the buffering period when you search for or click on an album, or click on an artist’s information, the load is very slow.) Finally, I changed my router to an Asus 11000PRO. Unfortunately, my problem persisted, which was very frustrating, and I still couldn’t figure out what the problem was. As long as it is a song just played and then switch will be very smooth, once the song played more than half of the progress click switch is buffer, need a long time buffer, is this bug, can you test it? Let’s see if that’s true. I played it locally and I played it Tidal,

Hi @wei_li1

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

To briefly describe my long-standing trouble, after playing a song, there will be a delay when clicking on the next song when more than half of the progress, and it takes a long time to buffer to play the next song. Clicking on the next song within ten seconds of playing the first song does not cause the delay and buffer to be very smooth. What is the reason? There is no problem with my LAN. I observed that ping LAN NAS IP address time=1, including roon server address is also time=1

1 Like

Just to clarify

The asus is connected by ethernet to the modem? And what is the make/model of the network switch?

Sounds wi fi ish to me ?

For hifi all are connected using network cables

As @Rugby asks, what is the make and model of the network switch?

And I don’t have it with local but suddenly Qobuz

NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming SX10

NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming SX10

Ah - a managed switch… Any chance you could try a simple unmanaged switch in its place to see what effect that might have on your issue? Managed switches can be problematic, as I know from personal experience, and as mentioned in this Help article…

3 Likes

OK, I’ll test it out and see how

The problem is still the same. I want to make sure whether my mistake is a case or a common one. Can you test it? Randomly play favorite songs and click the next song, if it is the first 10 seconds to switch songs will be smoothly switched to the next song, if it has been played for more than 1 minute in the switch will take a lot of time to buffer loading

Can you disconnect all devices from your network apart from the
2 roon devices and test ?

Obviously I tried this way, but did not solve my trouble, sometimes really very helpless need to load time needs to be very special long crash ~! I found that sometimes it was relatively normal, and sometimes it was very slow and I thought I’d record a video

There is another thread, opened by @Patrick_Thibor back in December. I think you two may refer to the same problem…

1 Like

Hey @wei_li1,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! Sorry to hear you’re running into gaps between playback. There are a few similar cases that we are still investigating - you may be able to help.

If you could please recreate the issue and:

1. share specific reproduction steps
  2. share the name of the track or tracks where you encounter the issue
  3. share the specific date and time of when you experience this issue

This would be helpful! Beyond that, do you have another device you could use as a temporary storage location for a small section of your local library? I’d be curious to see how things function when not using the NAS as a storage location.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.