Devialet Expert Pro 440 drop-out during Ronn Ready (RAAT) transmission

Hello, since two months I am owner of a Devialet 440 Pro. Since 4 weeks I run the Roon Core on a WIN 10 PC. This PC is only for ROON and sufficiently dimensioned.

At the moment I try out different transfer types and try to find the best settings for myself. ASIO works great as well as My Devialet ETH.

With Roon Ready I have 24 Bit, 96 KHZ problems. There are often interruptions that sometimes last up to 8 seconds.

Do you have a hint which setting I have to change to stop the dropouts?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

The problem is on Devialet’s end. Many owners are awaiting a fix, there is nothing you can do at this point.

That said if you want a work around, try wireless or putting a 100mbps network switch between the Devialet and the rest of your network gear. The problem is in the gigabit ethernet implementation of the Devialet and shows with the heavier network traffic Roon’s RAAT creates.

OK and thanks for the quick answer.

Is there already a date from Devialet when the update will be available?

No. Knowing Devialet, you are looking at months if not years.

@Bladerunner_08 you can try using Devialet AIR with Roon, which I understand has a lower data rate, or RAAT via WiFi or wired 100Mbps. Otherwise, we’re waiting for an update from Devialet.

Hi @mikeb

at the moment I use Devialet AIR with Roon and it works perfectly.
What is the difference between RAAT and Devialet AIR?
Is this just a difference in the protocol used or does it have any effect on the sound?

Great. RAAT allows zone grouping, and perhaps some other proprietary advantages. Devialet AIR also sounds very good, and it works! I’ve done several A/B tests, and if there is a sonic difference, its minimal.

Please open a ticket with Devialet support, because the more people who report this issue, the more chance it has of being fixed. It apparently is NOT a Roon issue.

3 Likes

Done …. I created a request. Now I have to wait

1 Like

Are you cabled all the way? Or is there WiFi? I do not have the issue you describe BTW. However the last switch before reaching the devialet is 100Mbit.

Yes, the Devialet is connected with an RJ45 cable. But I had to buy a new switch. I have designed everything to 1GB and now I needed a new switch to reduce the port to Devialet to 100 MB.

With an amplifier for 15.000€ this makes no sense (Expert pro 440)

1 Like

I would encourage you to log a ticket with Devialet asking them when they will get this fixed. It has now been over a year since they released their last firmware that integrated Roon RAAT, albeit with this problem.

1 Like

Better make a note in the support channel at Devialet. Tell them to fix the hardware.

Believe me I have logged several tickets with Devialet on this. Either they do not understand, or they need more specific symptoms.

As have I. They do understand the issue but it seems low on (or absent from) their priority list for some reason.

Making tickets to Devialet is the best approach. What is the current status / feedback of Devialet to those doing so?

I wonder what it will take for them to kindly and lovingly tell me to stop bringing this case up.

I then asked what the suggestion meant and I got the following answer: The networked Roon implementation of Air means using Roon and Devialet Air together.

This indicates that Devialet Expert Pro can handle 1Gbit, however has a compatibility issue somewhere?

BTW you could ping some guys over at LinkedIn too :wink:
They are there and likely you get some more information on a non Devialet owned communication channel.

I did get a response from Devialet back in November that a) confirmed they are aware of the problem but b) stated that they were not yet investigating it… See here:

Hey, that was months ago… surely they’re about to release an update any day now, right? Hah!

@Markus_Hubner reported today about a reported fix from Devialet:

Yes, they are already testing the Core Infinity / Roon bug fix before rollout.

3 Likes

Be still my heart…

1 Like