Does the new Roon update work?

I’ve updated my Nuc/Rock and all remote devices (Windows 7 and 10, Note 9 Android, and Ipad Pro 12.9). Works as expected. No Issues so far.

I saw the update message on my iPad this morning. I click on it and nothing happens. I click the second time, also no reaction. I start the web interface of the Roon Rock and click: Reboot … The version had not changed after the reboot. Now I click “Reinstall”. After a minute of waiting I had the new version …

To be fair there’s a Father Ted meme for any situation in life.

1 Like

Yes. working fine for me. Roon core running on QUAD core i7 mac mini, macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

Works for me (new sleep mode as well) on a NUC8 running ROCK with iPad and iPhone remotes.

Works fine (core + 3 remotes).

Mine said ‘checking for update’. So I just restarted my NUC and then the update worked fine.

There was a button like that in quite a sensitive bit of kit in an old job of mine. The users were soldiers. That button got pressed a lot more often than it should have!

Worked fine for me with my Roon ROCK on a NUC10i7FNK.

FYI, the ROCK install works great on the NUC10, but I had to use a thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter in order to get the networking up. If someone knows a trick to get Linux Ethernet drivers on the NUC10 so I can use the built in port that would be amazing.

Works fine on a stone age Sony Vaio with an AMD e350…about 5 min until successful restart.

Mac OS Catalina Beta 10.15.5 and iOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 both work fine and IMHO sound better, smoother and more Analog sounding. I rarely comment on SQ but this update clearly sounds better.

Anyone else noticed this?

Zero problems here. Using a Nucleus

I have reported this as a flaw previously… This was never slow pre 1.6
And yeah, it’s not really a catastrophy, but darned annoying.
If i disable Tidal and Qobuz, the Overview is almost instant though. And when my Core is hosted on a MacBook Pro with WLAN turned off, and the library on a USB-drive, it IS instant! :slight_smile: (Both Tidal and Qobuz are still active, but of course cannot play anything)

A post was split to a new topic: PDFs wont be open at the Samsung Tab

It works and is notably faster for me - loading the various screens as well as the search function are about 1-2 seconds faster than what I’m used to. Running a Mac Mini 2011 as core. :slight_smile:

Yes. Works fine on my Pink Faun Windows 10 streamer!

A post was split to a new topic: Screen resolution error

I updated last night and it worked perfectly. I am running Roon ROCK on a NUC8i7 and controlling it on my iMAC with the latest OS X Catalina.

I keep having to login to Tidal over and over again every time I start Roon. That might change once I’ve restarted my laptop that functions as my core.

A post was split to a new topic: ROCK no longer shows up under File Explorer/Network