FRance: Free 5G Zyxel 5101 and Linksys Router: Impoosoble to connect ARC

Hello,
I switched recently to ROON 2-1193. My config is:
Roon on Synology NAS
Linksys Router connected by ethernet
WAN POrt Linksys by ethernet to ZyXEL5101 5G Router. The ZyXel is set to bridge mode.
5G Provider is Free.
No connection to Arc.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“37.hhh.iii.jjj”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“fdcb:346b:33f5:46ac:211:32ff:fe6d:d2c7”,“router_external_ip”:“10.111.95.7”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.2.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

QSeems to hang with the multiple NAT and IPV6 / IPv4 states.

I tried to create Port rules on ZyXel, but no effect.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance.
Michael

So if I understand correctly, your home internet is provided by a 5G router? These networks often don’t provide real IPv4 addresses that can be port forwarded, but instead use something called CG-NAT (Carrier-Grade Network Address Translation). But sometimes the ISP can accommodate you. Let me copy the usual response by Roon support for this issue:

If you only have one router in your setup or your modem is already in Bridge mode, please take a look through our list of known router and internet service provider solutions, as other users may have already encountered the same situation: ISPs and Routers: List of Known Solutions and Workarounds

You can reach out directly to your service provider to ask if they support port forwarding; this question will often enough to prompt them to explain whether or not the carrier-grade NAT they’ve implemented can function with ARC.

More specifically, you can pass along the following questions:

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

If you’re unable to locate an existing solution in our #support:port-forwarding-resources subcategory, please reach out to the Roon support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?
1 Like

Hi @Michael_Kubasch,

Please see @Suedkiez’s helpful comment above. The diagnostic `MultipleNatFound’ reading despite the manual port forwarding rule (and bridged gateway) does indeed suggest you’re up against carrier-grade NAT.

The Roon team is working on out-of-the-box solutions for these IPv6 scenarios, but until then, you’ll likely need to request a dedicated public IP address from Free. I’d pass along the questions pasted above to their support team, as they may have more creative solutions to offer for customers in your position. We’ll keep an eye out for your response. Thank you!

Hi @connor and @Suedkiez,

Thank you both for your answers. You confirmes my fears. I will try to see with FREE if there will be a solution to get a fixed 5G IP…
In the meantime, waiting for IPv6 support in ARC :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Kubasch,

We’ll do our best to contact each thread in which a user has reported CG-NAT once we have a solution, but you can also keep an eye on our main tracking threads for progress reports on our efforts:

I will do it, promised :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.