Lumin U2 mini released

No, I would not describe it this way.

Upsampling settings are provided for users to experiment with, in case they find a setting they prefer to native. When using Roon, Lumin upsampling should be disabled as you can do more sophisticated upsampling with Roon DSP Engine.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Peter.
You are always very helpful.
I guess I will sell TT2 or something and just stick with NOS DACs to see which setting I prefer between upsample enabled and disabled.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

I just ordered my U2 mini. I am excited to hear the difference of the USB connection into my Holo Audio May KTE DAC. From what I have read the USB interface on this DAC is superb. The U2 mini will be replacing a D2 that I have only ever been using as a streamer. The D2 used a coax cable into the May DAC because it does not have a USB out… Should be an interesting test to see what I can hear.

2 Likes

Some research on the Chord website could be helpful for your edification.

@wklie Is it normal for the volume control in the Lumin iPhone app to disable DSD sample rates higher than DSD128?

When I enable volume control in the Lumin app I am limited to DSD128 and if I disable it I can select up to DSD512. Here is a screen shot of the Lumin setting I am referring to.

Here is a screen shot of the Roon interface when the volume control is set to “On” in the lumin app:

And here is a screen shot of the Roon interface when the volume control is set to “Off” in the Lumin app:

In Lumin product line:

• Only Lumin product analog output can do DSD with volume control

• Digital output supports DSD only if volume control is disabled. If you need Lumin volume control for digital output, please use Roon DSP Engine to convert DSD to PCM first.