No audio outputs enable [Resolved - Realtek driver]

Good morning all @support,

I’m having problems with my Roon over the last couple of days, my 2 audio outputs on my pc won’t enable although they previously did. In the audio output settings both the System Output and then the usb DAC go through a constant cycle of “enabling” and then when they are unable to enable, dropping away from that list before starting again. Also and this is a bit odd, Roon seemingly completely disappeared from my PC on it’s own and I had to reinstall it. It’s at this point where the outputs dropped out. I’ve only been using it since the start of the week or so by the way

Setup wise it looks like this:

Roon 1.3 build 269 and 64 bit
Windows 7 Premium
PC with an i5 processor, 8gb ram
Music stored on a 3.5" hard drive within the PC
28,000 tracks or so

Many thanks!

Elliot

Hi @ElliotA ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help us better understand what could be going on with your setup, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

• Please verify the make/model of DAC you are currently working with.

• If you leave the DAC un-mounted from the computer before launching Roon, is there any change in behavior with the “system output”?

• Are you able to successfully use the DAC outside of the application without issue?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for coming back to me, I had a bit of time at work this morning and scoured through the support forums and found a previous similar problem, where the fix there worked on mine too just now.

It was this one by the way - Roon Won't Enable Audio for Devices Connected to My PC

For now it all seems good, the RAAT folder didn’t do it but when the Realtek driver was uninstalled it immediately started behaving.

Elliot

2 Likes

Thanks for the follow up @ElliotA and sharing what the “resolve” was here. Very appreciated!

I am going to please closing this thread and marking it “resolved”, but, if anything else comes up drop me a PM and I will gladly re-open to continue troubleshooting :wink:

Happy listening!
-Eric