Another release of Roon is rolling out to all platforms, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and support for KEF’s LS50W loudspeakers! Today’s release also sets the stage for localized versions of Roon in the near future.
KEF LS50 Wireless Support
We are proud to finally release support for KEF’s fantastic LS50W speakers in Roon!
KEF’s speakers were Digital Audio Review’s Product Of The Year last year, and while it took a bit of effort to get Roon streaming directly to the LS50w, we think it was worth the wait.
If you own a pair of LS50W’s note that you will need to be using the newly released Firmware 1.1.4, and we recommend connecting your speakers over Ethernet, as opposed to Wifi. Once your speakers are on and set to “wireless” mode, you can enable them in the Audio tab of Settings. If you are having problems connecting to your LS50W’s, please confirm the KEF app is closed.
Also, note that due to the technical details of KEF streaming these speakers are not Roon Ready, so linking multiple pairs of LS50w is not possible and some RAAT-specific functionality (like convenience switching or advanced Signal Path functionality) is not possible.
Tonight’s release resolves a few bugs that have emerged over the last few weeks, including fixes for Social Sharing on Android, and a fix for a bug that could cause some RAAT devices to crash.
We’ve also fixed some bugs related to our backup functionality, including fixes for Dropbox backups, and we’ve done some work to make network storage more stable with Mac Cores.
Since Roon launched, our support team has worked closely with our users to resolve hundreds of different issues, ranging from software bugs, networking issues, hardware failures, and more.
In many cases, we’ve needed a closer look at your logs, and that has always required a relatively clunky process – you go digging around on your Core, you zip up the logs, you upload them to somewhere we can access them, and then you wait for feedback from our team.
Starting with tonight’s build, our support team will be able to enable remote diagnostics on your account, which will ensure that logs and configuration information are uploaded directly to our server, helping us understand and diagnose issues even faster.
x86 Linux Roon Bridge (32 bit)
We have been asked for this a number of times, so we have added this to our slate of releases and it is now available on our Linux KB page.
While a localized version of Roon was not quite ready for release today, we have laid a lot of groundwork for Roon to be localized in German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Thai, and Chinese.
If you speak any of these languages, we need your help! Please see this post for more information. Even a few minutes of help will go a long way, so please take a look and let us know if you have any questions!
That should do it for this release all. Thanks everyone!
The Team at Roon Labs
Roon 1.3 (Build 269) Release Notes
Roon Build 269 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.
Build 120 of Roon Bridge is also live for all platforms.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 269:
- KEF LS50 Wireless Support
- Support Infrastructure improvements
- Track delete flow includes additional checkbox confirm
- DSP presets sort properly
- Social sharing fixed on android
- Fixed a crash in some Roon Ready devices when Cores are rebooted
- Remote reconnects properly after Roon Server on win7 is rebooted
- Optimizations to RAAT stream start behavior to increase stability on low-performance devices
- Fixed bug preventing Tidal sync from completing due to a broken playlists
- New channel mapping behavior for RAAT on Linux in 5.0 and 5.1 layouts–should help with HDMI
- Sonos: stability improvements.
- Issue preventing automatic rescan of some folders resolved
- HQ Player: PCM playback no longer fails if the previous track was DSD
- Fixed inaccessibility of multi-channel settings for exaSound users using ASIO on Macs
- Empty watched folders automatically set to “offline”
- Better copy for ‘Show Hidden Tracks and Albums’ option
- Fixed issue adding a local track to a playlist using 3 dot menu in the Track browser
- Fixed bad options on 3 dot menu on Track browser
- Backup: “Canceled” status for manual backups can be reset
- Backup: ‘Stop’ button no longer crashes
- Backup: restore from dropbox works if internet connection was interrupted
- Backup: doesn’t loop if backup period is set to 26 days or more
- Backup: issue backing up to dropbox fixed
- Backup: Fixed issue restoring from Dropbox
- Backup: better error handling when drive is full
- Backups: Fixed crash with “View backups”
- hide “System Volume Information” and other hidden folders from roon file browser
- Export no longer misbehaves in case interrupting network connection on the core
- Allow setting of output name in api
- Roon API consistently sends zone changed messages after transfer
- System output mute setting respected after re-enabling the zone
- Fixed issues that set volume to max even when ‘Max device volume at Playback start’ isn’t used
- Updated Manual Links
- Meridian MS600
- Roon Tested Branding:
- Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital
- Roon Ready Branding:
- Auralic ARIES MINI
- Trinnov Amethyst and Altitude32
- Sonore ultraRendu
- NAIM Uniti Star, Uniti Atom, and Uniti Nova