Roon's new Internet Radio Directory: Curators Wanted! 🙋‍♂️

Looks like Roon are building there own, so join up and add your fav stations

2d that motion

Great news! Several of my stations will not work using the copy and paste URL method so this will be welcome relief.

Gee unless you can make some deal with Radio .com I am no sure I care ,My Bluesound had Tunne
in ,then they lost CBS radio which went to radio.com ,now I have to get my radio though my TV

Hi Mike
don’t know if you have a list of German internetstation allready, if yes, don’t care. If no, let me know :slight_smile:
cheers Armin

Thanks for the reference to JB Radio 2 … sounds good. I also like TSF Jazz in Paris and Hober.com (Hober tends to move URL periodically).

A post was split to a new topic: Internet Radio scheduling

Wow, never listened to this “station” before and after half an hour of listening I loved every single song. Well, I was already familiar with four of the songs but they were all killer tunes. Thanks for the recommendation! Huge fan of eclectic listening sessions and this fits the bill.

1 Like

I am happy that after almost three year of crying to add this feature I say:

IT’S ABOUT TIME AND THANK YOU!!!

I can contribute Austrian Stations if needed

I am not sure that I could help with curating as I just don’t use general internet radio stations via a station browser.

However, I do make use of the existing custom URL radio feature in Roon and consider it to be an absolutely essential feature. I have a subscription to DI.FM. I would not be surprised if others here had similar subscription to perhaps their genre specific companion stations (Rock, Jazz, Classical etc).

The key point about these subscriptions is that each user gets their own unique access URL that includes a personal access key. Thus it is absolutely essential that whatever changes are made in Roon also preserves the existing custom URL functionality - ie the ability for a user to paste in their own unique URL. This was to me always a key feature of Roon right up there besides supporting Tidal, NAS, etc.

Related, these stations also have downloadable playlists that are basically sub-channel lists. It would be really useful if Roon were able to handle these playlists and understand that they are a channel lists and thus bulk add the referenced streams as stations.

Finally, one remaining feature I would really like to see improved is icon acquisition. I do not know if there is any common practice with Icons (maybe when the stream stats to play?), however if Roon could auto aquire the station icon, that would be most welcome.

Of course I would be happy to assist in any way I can with testing / improving functionality related to custom URLs.

1 Like

I thought I would struggle to help but having joined the program have added way more stations than I would have believed and also managed to complete many unfinished issues.
Try it and see, you are probable more helpful than you imagine.

1 Like

This is 100% right on. I subscribe to Calm Radio and to Jazz Radio (which includes DI, Classical Radio, and others). Between those two services, I can pick from at least 100 channels. I have manually added the unique to me URLs for my favorites. Everyone would have a different URL for the same station though, so not sure how this would be done. But, outside of Paradise Radio and JB Radio, those are my go to stations.

Yes, and very excited that some overhaul is finally getting tackled.

1 Like

Have you got a link for the FLAC stream, I can only see aac and mp3 on their webpage.

Try…http://199.189.87.9:10999/flac192

Sorry John, but I can’t get that link to work in Roon.

http://199.189.87.9:10999/flac.m3u

http://stream.jbradio2.ca:8888/flac

These are the FLAC streams loaded on the Curator thread at present, so been trial tested via the new Roon Internet Radio Directory.

FYI

Ditto…

Try the other links in my post they should work.

First link 96.kHz, 2nd link 192kHz

If needed, I’m interested to help in order to add French et Swiss radio station.

As long as KCSM and Jazz24 are included in the curators’ list(s), I’m good.

1 Like