Skipping and Powerline Adapters

Thanks for all your suggestions. I spent the money, and had Cat6 ethernet cable run under my house from the office to the audio system in the living room. The system has run my tests flawlessly for many hours. I plan to move the laptop into the office, and move the music off of the NAS and onto the laptop’s internal drive, with Roon Bridge running on a very small, fanless computer in the living room, and maybe elsewhere. I will install a wireless access point in the living room, improving wireless coverage where it is currently weak. So, if I decide to expand Roon to other rooms, I expect wireless to be sufficient.

Anybody want some Trendnet Powerline adapters?

On to fixing my metadata…

-SK

1 Like

The ethernet cable is definitely the best solution. Enjoy the fruits of your accomplishment with some great music tracks…:grinning:

1 Like

I will put my experience here as it is something I discovered recently.

I have two BT power line adapters upstairs to the bedroom and suffered occasional drop outs. Power cycling one of the plugs would re establish the connection.

Following a re jig in my main system I had a spare iFi power supply that I could use on my Meridian MS200 in the bedroom. Also there was a normal wall wart power supply in the adjacent socket to the Power line adapter.

I decided to put the iFi power supply next to the Power Line adapter and move the other wall wart to the opposite end of the power block.
Result, where as I always had an orange or red glowing LED on the power line adapter, now all three LEDs are and have remained green. I have had no further drop outs as well.

I hope this is helpful to other power line adapter users as it’s worth a try if you can.

1 Like

Hi there.
Ethernet cable is the best solution, i completly agree with this. But some times it is not possible because of the distribution of your house.
I am having the same problems user Esskay told us. Drops and jumps to the next song, and it is quite frustrating.

I am using an intel NUC as a server, Node2 as endpoint and Hugo2 as dac, and i have observed that when these problems happens, if i use the Node2 application (BluOS Controller) or even Spotify, using Node2 as endpoint, there are no drops.

I really would like someone at roon could take a look into raat protocol to improve the support for power lines.

Thank you for this great product. A perpetual license here.

1 Like