Stutters on all devices

They are not flawless they don’t recognise DACs, play back bit perfect and all upsample to androids system audio. Which is what Roon does the only difference is they don’t suffer from the stuttering which can be got around by setting Roon to upsample all content to 48/24 which is Androids native rate and turn off any battery optimizations. Worked for me on my Samsung Tab S2 and OnePlus Five. But DACs won’t be recognised at all this is a flaw of Android not Roon. Only a very few apps get around this on Android and they have other issues.

1 Like

@CrystalGipsy Thanks, setting that rate will effect all not? As in also to my device that playback without stuttering?

No each device has individual settings. You need to enable DSP sample rate converter and then choose max sample rate. Which in the case of Android will be 48/24 and what Roon will show as max sample rate in the device settings. There is no guarantee this will work but it did help me.

@CrystalGipsy m
Thanks, managed to set it at the S10 without result, stuttering continues unfortunately…

But… Tidal and YT app for mobile for now and considering Roon for the house equipment, after al testing and playing with it, it still seems a nifty music library wirh great potential.

Thanks all for input and assistance!

Hi @Olaf,

There are currently some known issues regarding Android playback. Please see Mike’s post below regarding the overhaul of our Android Audio playback:

I can’t offer any specific timelines here, but we hope we will have some changes available soon and we’ll be sure to reach out once we have more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.