Issue connecting Roon Arc with T-Mobile router and Orbi mesh routers (ref#ASVW7G)

Full form submission

Network Setup

I use my ISP's router alongside a personal router.

ARC Status

ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}, “upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”} }

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

UPnP is not listed in my router settings

How would you like to continue with the network configuration?
I would like to try and find a solution for UPnP/NAT-PMP on Roon Community

Using a T-Mobile router for home internet and two Orbi mesh routers for wifi. Unable to connect to Roon Arc.

Is there any diagnostic text displayed on the Roon → Settings → ARC page on Roon (desktop) or Roon Remote (Android or IOS)?

How is your Roon server connected to the T-Mobile router? Ideally it will be wired.

You say you have two Orbi mesh routers. Are both of these configured to operate in ‘Access Point’ mode? If they aren’t, and your Roon server is connected to one of these, then you may have a ‘MultipleNATFound’ error in the diagnostic text displayed in Roon → Settings → ARC.

Finally, is your service the 5G broadband service in the USA? If so, I believe it, on its own, is incompatible with Roon ARC (because it uses CG-NAT). See:

Specifically, the issue is talked about in the thread at:

One solution that is mentioned is the use of the free tailscale VPN. However, there are a couple of issues with this:

• It is not officially supported and is considered tinkering - so Roon staff are unlikely to help with issues and requests for help should be made to the community in tinkering

• I believe it can only be supported if you can configure your Roon Server to use the Tailscale VPN. This precludes its use with Nucleus or ROCK systems.

Further information can be found at:

Thank you, Wade, for this comprehensive response. I strongly suspect I’ll need to go the Tailscale route due to the 5g Broadband T-Mobile connection. Nonetheless, here’s the error message I’m getting in the Roon ARC settings page:

{

“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“172.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="[http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\](http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\)” s:encodingStyle="[http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\](http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\)“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}

}

Does this shine any light on anything?

David

The conflict in mapping entry usually means that the port chosen for ARC in Roon → settings → ARC is already being mapped to another device.

The easiest fix for this is to change the ARC port number from it’s current value to something else - say 60000.

The good news is that this diagnostic appears to make it unlikely that there is any misconfiguration of the Orbi mesh devices in your network because the gateway ip address is shown as 192.168.1.1 which is most often used by ISP routers.

So I made that change to the port number and this is the new message:

{“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“172.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},

“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}}

I see that the “MultipleNATFound” is listed there. Does that mean I need to change Access Point mode on one or other of the routers?

Thanks again,

D

Hi David,

In one of the quoted threads was this relevant post

You could correct the double NAT setup in your network, but, it still won’t let ARC work.

I was afraid of that. Has anybody heard any developments on the IPv6 work they were doing to address these types of issues? I suspect T-Mobile’s home internet is getting quite a few users.

D

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.